WAV Drivers Wanted!
Earn a living while assisting the disability community..
The demand for wheelchair accessible transportation service is on the rise and we at ChitownCabbie Taxi Service are actively recruiting professional drivers with wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAV) to join our team as driver partners.
To qualify as an active ChitownCabbie Driver Partner; you and your vehicle must meet the following requirements.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must pass an FBI criminal background check.
- Must demonstrate a full knowledge of how to transport wheelchair users and passengers with disabilities in your vehicle in a secure, safe and professional manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate an exceptional customer service skills with the at most professionalism, respect, cutesy and patience for our clientele of the disability community.
- Must be a WAV (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle) that is either a Chicago licensed WAV taxi or a privately owned vehicle with prove of adequate commercial insurance coverage.
- Must not be more than 10 model years old.
- Must be in an excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition inside and out.
- Must always be clean inside and out before every trip.
- Must have a minimum of 4 wheelchair tie-downs for securing a wheelchair from front and back.
- Must have a safety seat belt for the wheelchair passenger if he or she request to be buckled up.
Meet all the requirements above? Then Join Our Team Today!
Your earning will be as follow for every trip that you complete successfully:
- Downtown Chicago to O’Hare Airport: $40.00 (Flat)
- Downtown Chicago to Midway Airport: $30.00 (Flat)
- Chicago to/from Suburbs: $50 or more on average depending on the suburb.
- Suburbs to Suburbs: $60 or more on average depending on the pickup location.
- Round Trips & Trips with Multiple Stops: $0.55/minute waiting time fee if the waiting time exceeds 30 minutes.
Receiving Your Funds:
Your earnings will be sent to your bank account immediately upon your completion of your trip via Zelle! If your bank isn’t Zelle compatible, then you may choose to receive your funds via PayPal, Venmo or the old-fashion way via a Check or Ca$h instead.
*Please note: A 7% Dispatching Fee will be deducted to cover our service costs. This dispatching fee will only apply to the cost of the trip, but not to the tip (gratuities). If the customer pre-pay for the tip when booking their trip, then you will receive 100% of the tip in full.
Driver’s DOs and DON’Ts:
- Always show up on time no later than 15 minutes before the pickup time.
- Always look presentable and professional.
- Always make sure your vehicle is clean inside and out before every trip.
- Always make sure your vehicle has a full tank of gas before every trip.
- Always greet your customers with a smile and be courteous and patient if they need you to wait.
- Never talk or text on your phone while driving.
- Never argue with your customers.
- Never ever ask the customer for tip. Tips are optional and fully up to the customer.